MotherNature Association was established in February 2020 in Hungary by a group of mothers who joined an international project called similar This social enterprise – in a form of an NGO – is an international network of mothers and professionals supporting mothers, from various backgrounds, including doulas, midwives, therapists, women circle leaders, and facilitators. The network grew out of a European strategic partnership project (Erasmus+), started in 2017. The partnership worked with mothers and professionals across Europe, gathering their experiences and wisdom about the experience of motherhood.
We believe that the motherhood is an informal learning process. We support mothers in 3 main areas:
- Personal development as a mother,
- Support Mompreneurship
- Develop national and international network within mother cicles, women leaders and women communities.
All activities based on a main principal of ecological sustainability.
MotherNature Associaiton is an active member of the Mother Centers International Network for Empowerment and maintains active relationships with national and other international NGOs in its sector.
Motherhood as a changing path
A mother is not the same woman she was before having children; motherhood changes the whole world around women fundamentally. The changes range from brain function, and physical, mental and physical functioning to changes in career, financial security, and social relationships. This development is called Matrescence.
We, as mothers feel lonely during this life-changing path. Alone, more than ever.
This is why we created Online MotherCircles. To support each other during this unique transformation.
- Online Mother Circles
- Online Thematic Women Circles
- MotherNature Card Deck
- Online Training Courses for MotherCircles Facilitators
We use the Nature as a co-parent, using nature-based learning methods.
We see motherhood as an important informal learning process so we see mothers as adult learners. We use facilitated group work, the way of circle, involving nature-based learning methods, and non-verbal methods such art-work as methods.
Our Mompreneurs section was founded on the vision of balancing personal and professional lives for mothers. To empower mothers through entrepreneurial education and mompreneurship to help members to find balance and success in their personal and professional lives.
How many new skills and abilities do women acquire during motherhood?
Time management, logistics, negotiation techniques, financial management, administration, communication… the ability to reorganise… A set of very useful skills, acquired during a very mentally, physically and emotionally demanding period. We would like to encourage mothers to recognise and acknowledge these skills and put them to good use in their old or new, desired profession.
Mother Nature – Mompreneurs provides support to mompreneurs in Hungary.
- Education through Palántázó (Planter) Programme: it helps mothers turn their entrepreneurial ideas into businesses. The programme is a series of online training sessions over 9 months, with one-to-one mentoring and supportive community. We support mothers in their first steps of entrepreneurship, helping them with our knowledge and experience to start and grow their business.
- Community through our membership and events
- Promotion through a directory, in our community and events